For this giveaway, we’ll be taking a virtual tour of some of the World’s most well-known tourist destinations. Your task–should you accept it–is to use the list of clues provided to determine the city and country we are visiting. When you think you’ve found all ten locations, submit your answers via the e-mail link on the sidebar (one entry per person please). Entries will be accepted until 12:00 a.m MST on Saturday, April 30, 2011.
For your sleuthing and miles of travel, you’ll be rewarded with a special travel-themed prize package. Among your goodies: a brand new “Pack Your Bags” Cricut cartridge, a set of Imaginisce’s “Scooter’s Vaction” embellishments including mirrored sticker, three-dimensional stickers and rub-ons, a LaBlanche silicone stamp entitled “Dogwood” (not pictured) and a few surprise goodies.
Your Travel Itinerary:
01. I am museum which holds the world famous painting ‘Las Meninas’ among its collection, as well as the largest collection of Spanish paintings in the World. Where am I?
02. I’m located on the North Island and known as the City of Sails. Where am I?
03. I was designed by Daniel Hudson Burnham and became an icon in my city. Some say I am also responsible for the phrase “23 Skidoo”. Where am I?
04. I’m located on the Burrard Peninsula and contain the landmark Robson Square. Where am I?
05. Unscramble me: LARVA ACE SAUCE ZEN. Where am I?
06. I was established as a trading town by King Gustav I of Sweden and originally named Hellssingeforss. My official languages are Finnish and Swedish. Where am I?
07. I am a fictional French speaking Belgian detective appearing in 33 novels. My creator and Guiness Book of World Records title holder was born here. Where am I?
08. I am a symbol of eternal love and a mausoleum. I am also the World’s finest example of Mughal architecture. Where am I?
09. Unscramble me: OBSIDIAN ALIEN. Where am I?
10. I am the capital city of this country that shares borders with the Atlantic Ocean, Angola and Botswana. Where am I?
(REMEMBER: Your answers should include the city and country of where your clue takes you. Bon Voyage!)