You, know I have to say I’m blessed on my levels. For instance, I am privileged to say that I know a bevy of strong, intelligent, beautiful women (inside and out). In fact, I’d dare say I know some pretty fabulous women. Of course, I’d be remiss if I didn’t start with the one who made me who and what I am today–my Mom. Love her (probably more than she’ll ever know). Okay, maybe that’s an easy one. But, in honesty, throughout my life, women have been much more likely to have been some of my closest confidants and best friends. (Now, if you listen to my bitter ex-fiancé okieladybug, she’d tell you that’s because I’m a gay man.) That may have something to do with it…or not. This is not to say that I haven’t had some really close and special male friends (and might I add not that close, lol). But, I’m going to share a secret with you my dear readers–something that will come as no surprise. Are you ready? Men are total pigs. LMBO! Okay, so that’s overstating the case (just slightly), but c’mon Ladies, you know what I mean. But, really, men and me is a topic best left for another day (in a far, far distant future).
What prompted this impromptu confession is the fact that last night I needed to make a card for a special friend who’s interviewing for a dream job. I wanted to send her a little gift and a few words of encouragement. I glanced through my ever-growing card boxes and really didn’t find one that had the panache or style I wanted. So it was to the worktable to create something on the fly.
The materials list for this card project is as follows:
* PAPERS: Stardream So Silk! mica cardstock in Fair Blue (5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″), Pink Paislee decorative paper from the ‘Bayberry Cottage’ collection (4″ x 5″), SEI glittered cardstock from the ‘Glitzmas’ collection (4″ x 5″);
* TOOLS: Making Memories Slice Machine, Making Memories ‘Think Pink’ design card, Martha Stewart Scallop Three Dot corner punch;
* STAMPS: Stampin’ Up! ‘Fabulous Flowers’ rubber stamp set (sentiment);
* INKS: Papertrey Ink Perfect Match Palette Hybrid Ink in ‘Enchanted Evening’;
* EMBELLISHMENTS: Jenni Bowlin Pearl center in Blueberry, Petaloo Dazzler flower in Black Glitter;
* ADHESIVES: Stampin’ Up! Stampin’ Dimensionals, AdTech Mono Adhesive Glue Runner;
I just absolutely love this female silhouette cut from Making Memories ‘Think Pink’ design card. Cutting her from a midnight blue piece of glittered cardstock gives her sparkle and shine–and she and her curves are ready to tackle the World. The sentiment seemed perfect and the glittered and pearled flower just the right bit of bling to brighten anyone’s day. I also have to say a word about Stardream’s newest line in the mica cardstock family. It’s called “So Silk!” and it’s–well, in a word FABULOUS! The texture is much smoother and sleeker than the Fuse and Chiara lines I already love. I’m over the moon about the color selections as well: My favorites (thus far) have to be this Fair Blue, Shocking Green, and Beauty Pink.
So, Friends…always dare to be fabulous! Sometimes, we don’t quite pull it off. But, it’s the effort that really counts. Have a terrific Wednesday and let me feel your fabulosity….